Application Deadline Decision Notification
Round 1 October 1, 2014 January 15, 2015
Round 2 January 7, 2015 March 26, 2015
Round 3 March 11, 2015 May 14, 2015
At Berkeley-Haas, our distinctive culture is defined by four key principles — Question the Status Quo; Confidence Without Attitude; Students Always; and Beyond yourself. We seek candidates from a broad range of cultures, backgrounds, and industries who demonstrate a strong cultural fit with our program and defining principles. Please use the following essays as an opportunity to reflect on and share with us the values, experiences, and accomplishments that have helped shape who you are.(Learn more about Berkeley-Haas’ Defining Principles).
- Describe an experience that has fundamentally changed the way you see the world. How did this transform you? (400-500 word maximum)
- What is your most significant professional accomplishment? (200-300 word maximum)
- What is your desired post-MBA role and at what company or organization? In your response, please specifically address sub-questions a., b., and c.
a. How is your background compelling to this company?
b. What is something you would do better for this company than any other employee?
c. Why is an MBA necessary and how will Haas specifically help you succeed at this company?
(500-600 word maximum for 3a, 3b, and 3c combined)
- (Optional) Please feel free to provide a statement concerning any information you would like to add to your application that you haven’t addressed elsewhere. (500 word maximum)
- (Optional) If not clearly evident, please discuss ways in which you have demonstrated strong quantitative abilities, or plan to strengthen quantitative abilities. You do not need to list courses that appear on your transcript. (250 word maximum)
- Describe your relationship to the applicant. Are you, or have you been, the applicant’s direct supervisor? If not, what is the nature of your relationship? How long have you known the applicant and how frequent is/was your interaction with him/her?
- How does the applicant’s performance compare with that of his or her peers?
- What are the applicant’s two greatest strengths? Please cite specific examples.
- What are the applicant’s two greatest areas (in need) of improvement? Please cite specific examples.
- In the Berkeley MBA program, we develop leaders who embody our distinctive culture’s four key principles [www.haas.berkeley.edu/strategicplan/culture] one of which is “confidence without attitude” or “confidence with humility”. Please comment on how the applicant reflects this Berkeley-Haas value.