UC Berkeley Haas Deadlines 2015-2016
|Application Deadline||Decision Notification|
|Round 1||October 1, 2015||December 17, 2015|
|Round 2||January 7, 2016||March 24, 2016|
|Round 3||March 31, 2016||May 12, 2016|
At Berkeley-Haas, we seek candidates from a broad range of cultures, backgrounds, and industries who demonstrate a strong cultural fit with our program and defining principles. Our distinctive culture is defined by four key principles — Question the Status Quo, Confidence Without Attitude, Students Always, and Beyond Yourself. Please use the following essays as an opportunity to reflect on and share with us the values, experiences, and accomplishments that have helped shape who you are. (Learn more about Berkeley-Haas’ Defining Principles)
- If you could choose one song that expresses who you are, what is it and why? (250 word maximum)
- Please respond to one of the following prompts: (250 word maximum)
- Describe an experience that has fundamentally changed the way you see the world and how it transformed you.
- Describe a significant accomplishment and why it makes you proud.
- Describe a difficult decision you have made and why it was challenging.
- Tell us about your path to business school and your future plans. How will the Berkeley-Haas experience help you along this journey? (500 word maximum)
- (Optional) Is there any other information you would like to share that is not presented elsewhere in the application? You may also use this essay to provide further explanation of employment gaps or your quantitative abilities. (500 word maximum)
• How does the candidate’s performance compare to those of other well-qualified individuals in similar roles? Please provide specific examples.
• Describe the most important piece of constructive feedback you have given the applicant. Please detail the circumstances and the applicant’s response.
• In the Berkeley MBA program, we develop leaders who embody our distinctive culture’s four key principles [www.haas.berkeley. edu/strategicplan/culture] one of which is “confidence without attitude” or “confidence with humility.” Please comment on how the applicant reflects this Berkeley-Haas value.
• (Optional) Is there anything else we should know?