|Application Deadline||Decision Notification|
|Round 1||October 15, 2016||December 15, 2016|
|Round 2||November 15, 2016||February 15, 2017|
|Round 3||January 15, 2017||April 1, 2017|
|Round 4||March 15, 2017||June 1, 2017|
Our Stern essay questions give you the opportunity to more fully present yourself to the Admissions Committee and to provide insight into your experiences, goals and thought processes.
Please note the following details when completing your essays.
- Written essays must be submitted using double-spacing and 12-point font.
- Your response to Essay 1 should answer all parts of the question with a total maximum of 750 words.
- Your essays should be written entirely by you. An offer of admission will be revoked if you did not write your essays.
Essay 1: Professional Aspirations
(750 word maximum, double-spaced, 12-point font)
- Why pursue an MBA (or dual degree) at this point in your life?
- What actions have you taken to determine that Stern is the best fit for your MBA experience?
- What do you see yourself doing professionally upon graduation?
Essay 2: Personal Expression
Please note the following guidelines and restrictions:
- Your submission becomes the property of NYU Stern and cannot be returned for any reason.
- Written Submission: The essay should be 500 words maximum, double-spaced, 12-point font.
- Video/Audio Submission: If you submit a video or audio file, it should be five minutes maximum, and the file should be uploaded to a video/audio hosting website. You must include the URL, along with a brief description of the video/audio piece, in a Word or PDF document with your online application. Do not mail a USB or DVD to our office. The Admissions Committee reserves the right to request an alternate essay if we are unable to view your submission.
- Physical Submission: If you submit a physical piece for this essay (e.g. artwork), you must include a Word or PDF document with a photo and a brief description of your submission with your online application and note the following:
- Do not submit anything perishable (e.g. food), or any item that has been worn (e.g. clothing).
- Mailed materials must be postmarked by the application deadline date. Please follow our mail and labeling instructions.
- Mailed packages are subject to the size restrictions below. Submissions that exceed the stated size restrictions will not be accepted for review by the Admissions Committee.
- How long have you known the applicant and in what capacity?
- How do the candidate’s performance, potential, background, or personal qualities compare to those of other well-qualified individuals in similar roles? Please provide specific examples.
- Please describe the most important piece of constructive feedback you have given the applicant. Please detail the circumstances and the applicant’s response.
- How would you describe the applicant’s interpersonal skills?