INSEAD Sept. 2017 Intake
|Application Deadline||Decision Notification|
|Round 1||September 21, 2016||November 25, 2016|
|Round 2||November 30, 2016||February 17, 2017|
|Round 3||January 25, 2017||March 31, 2017|
|Round 4||March 1, 2017||May 12, 2070|
Job Description Essays
Job Essay #1: Briefly summarise your current (or most recent) job, including the nature of work, major responsibilities, and where relevant, employees under your supervision, size of budget, clients/products and results achieved. (short answer)
Job Essay #2: What would be your next step in terms of position if you were to remain in the same company? (short answer)
Job Essay #3: Please give a full description of your career since graduating from university. Describe your career path with the rationale behind your choices. (short answer)
Job Essay #4: Discuss your short and long term career aspirations with or without an MBA from INSEAD. (short answer)
Optional: If you are currently not working or if you plan to leave your current employer more than 2 months before the programme starts, please explain your activities and occupations between leaving your job and the start of the programme.
Motivation Essay #1: Give a candid description of yourself (who are you as a person), stressing the personal characteristics you feel to be your strengths and weaknesses and the main factors which have influenced your personal development, giving examples when necessary (approximately 500 words).
Motivation Essay #2: Describe the achievement of which you are most proud and explain why. In addition, describe a situation where you failed. How did these experiences impact your relationships with others? Comment on what you learned(approximately 400 words).
Motivation Essay #3: Describe all types of extra-professional activities in which you have been or are still involved for a significant amount of time (clubs, sports, music, arts, politics, etc). How are you enriched by these activities? (approximately 300 words)
Optional Motivation Essay: Is there anything else that was not covered in your application that you would like to share with the Admissions Committee? (approximately 300 words)
LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION QUESTIONS
- How long have you known the candidate? Define your relationship with the candidate and the circumstances whereby you met.
- Comment on the candidate’s career progress to date and his/her career focus.
- What do you consider to be the candidate’s major strengths? Comment on the factors that distinguish the candidate from other individuals at his/her level
- What do you consider to be the candidate’s major weaknesses?
- Comment on the candidate’s potential for senior management. Do you see him/her as a future leader
- Describe the candidate as a person. Comment on his/her ability to establish and maintain relationships, sensitivity to others, self-confidence, attitude, etc. Specifically comment on the candidate’s behavior or skills in a group setting/team environment.