Application Deadline Decision Notification
Early Action October 8, 2014 December 18, 2014
November November 5, 2014 February 13, 2015
January January 6, 2015 March 13, 2015
April April 1, 2015 May 15, 2015
Please respond fully but concisely to the following essay questions. There are no right or wrong answers. We encourage applicants to limit the length of their responses to 500 words for each essay. Please double-space your responses.
1. Why is an MBA a critical next step toward your short- and long-term career goals? Why is Tuck the best MBA fit for you and your goals and why are you the best fit for Tuck?
2. Tell us about your most meaningful leadership experience and what role you played. What did you learn about your own individual strengths and weaknesses through this experience?
3. (Optional) Please provide any additional insight or information that you have not addressed elsewhere that may be helpful in reviewing your application (e.g., unusual choice of evaluators, weaknesses in academic performance, unexplained job gaps or changes, etc.). Complete this question only if you feel your candidacy is not fully represented by this application.
4. (To be completed by all reapplicants) How have you strengthened your candidacy since you last applied? Please reflect on how you have grown personally and professionally.
LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION
1. How long have you known the applicant and in what context? Have you served as the applicant’s supervisor? If so, please provide approximate dates. Please comment upon the frequency and nature of your interactions with the applicant.
2. What are the applicant’s three principal strengths? Please provide an example of each.
3. In which three areas can the applicant improve? Please provide an example of each. How has the applicant worked to address these areas?
4. How does the applicant respond to constructive criticism?
5. Describe the impressions this candidate makes in meetings, presentations, interviews or other important interactions.