Getting an MBA is a life-changing experience, and that means your choice of consultant can be a life-changing decision. And from the number of re-applicants and mid-application “consultant-switchers” who decide to work with me every year, I know that not all consultants are the same. I want my potential clients to experience the difference before they decide.
In your 50-minute trial consultation, you decide the content.
If you are just starting the application process*:
- We can discuss basic strategy, application timing, recommender choice, or weakness management.
- We can brainstorm possible topics for tricky questions, or I can tell you how to get started on a particular document.
If you already have developed materials:
- We can probe your resume or goals essay for weaknesses, hidden opportunities, or integration possibilities with your other essay topics.
- You can get an honest second-opinion on an essay – does it answer the question? Is it detailed enough to stand out? Does it flow well? Is anything unclear? Are you sending negative messages inadvertently?
- I can evaluate your overall application package (including letters of recommendation) for quality, integration and consistency, and confirm that there are no fatal inconsistencies or mixed messages.
If you need something else (short of actual essay editing or interview training) just ask. During your consultation, I will tell you exactly what I think and hold nothing back, based on my 10 years of experience. If you don’t need me, I’ll tell you that too. There is no pressure and no obligation.
To schedule your trial consultation, please use my contact form and be sure to describe your specific interest. When I respond, I’ll let you know what I need from you to prepare.
* if you do not have materials developed yet, please fill out this questionnaire as best you can so that we can have a more productive conversation.